I am proud to accept yet another blog award! Vasantha Vivek from My Sweet Nothings nominated me for the Liebster award – in her post from nearly a month ago. As there are not enough hours in the day for me, it took me a while to respond – for which I do apologise!
As always, I am touched and grateful when another blogger shows their appreciation for my work. Thank you, Vasantha!
Typically for most blog awards, this is a virtual token of appreciation, given by bloggers to other bloggers. I got a bit curious (or nosy, or vain, you choose) and Googled it – to find out what I have won this time. I also wondered if this chain award only goes round WordPress users, or is spread across the entire blogsphere. It appears to be rather well-spread. Here is one of the many interesting posts I found about it. If you care to learn more, do read this.
Rules for the award, as usual :
- Thank the nominating blogger.
- Display the award in a blog entry.
- Answer questions from the nominating blogger.
- Nominate five of your blogger friends for the award.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees know what to do.
- Give your nominees questions to answer.
My answers to Vasantha’s questions:
- Who has the biggest influence on you? I am a bit unsure whether to admit this or not, but at this stage of my life no one really has influence over me. If I want to do something, I will do it regardless of what other people think – which is what drives my hubby mad about me. 😉
- What do you like and dislike about blogging? What I like is the freedom to express myself in a way I think I do well. I blog about what I like, and do it in a way that I like. What I don’t really enjoy is being exposed to the public eye, which leads to some unwanted friend requests and rude messages on the social networks (good time to remind you about online safety!), as well as trolls surfacing onto my blog’s Facebook page. But that’s something I have learnt to get used to.
- What do you think of India? Unique, interesting country that I would love to visit one day!
- What would you dislike in my blog? There are some sections that I do not understand because I don’t speak your language. 🙂
- What is your best kept secret? It wouldn’t be best kept if I told you, would it? It is mine, mine, mine.
- One line advice for new bloggers. Connect with as many other bloggers as possible, and don’t be afraid to use the social networks. They can help you promote your work.
My nominees – some of my regular blogger-readers (ever so grateful for this!):
- Terri Webster Schrandt from Perspectives On…
- Babeta Runs
- Pit’s Fritztown News
- The Crazy Bag Lady
Questions for my nominees:
- What made you follow and you read my blog?
- What social network do you find works best for your blog?
- Do you like getting attention on social networks and in real life because you are a blogger? Or do you prefer to keep a lower profile?
- What is your biggest ambition as a blogger?
- And a bit more philosophical… If there were one thing you could change about your life, what would that be?
Now, lets’s see who will accept the award – which nowadays seems like a rare thing… Too much hassle, it appears!