It has been a while since I was last nominated for a chain blogger award, which I actually quite enjoy. This is my seventh blog award, which is also very special and particularly important to me: the first one I am receiving since becoming self-hosted.
I must admit it: there are never enough hours in the day for me to do what I want, and keeping in touch with other bloggers is definitely one of the things that has been severely affected by this! I feel like I have lost touch with the WordPress blogging community since going down the self hosting road, which is why it is really reassuring to see that at least some of my fellow bloggers have not lost interest in my work!
Even better: I was nominated by two bloggers, within the course of a week – how lovely is that!
Sincere thanks to the bloggers who presented me with this award:
- Vasantha Vivek who nominated me for a blogger award for a second time (original post here). Thanks so much, Vasantha, for yet another token of recognition: I must be doing something right! 🙂
- The second blogger who put me through is Makayla – in this post.
Rules for the award as usual :
- Select 15 other bloggers to award.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Attach the award to the blog.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to the award creator.
This time, the bloggers I decided to nominate are some of those who have chosen to stay with me since I started my self-hosting journey. Thank you for still reading my posts, and for feeding such wonderful blogs!
- Perspectives On… life, work, and leisure.
- Soul mates
- Fannie Frankfurter
- Zika’s Musings
- Sincerely, Hil
- Poems (poetry by Amit Rahman)
- Milanka’s Fine Food
- Staying Mom
- Oh No, Not Again!
- Twisted Muses
- It’s All Relative…
How My Blog Started
Oh, this is a hard one. I have written so much about this (in dribs and drabs, all over my blog), that it is difficult to sum it up… Or maybe you can read it all here: “Why I Write”.
Advice to New Blogger Friends
Be yourself! Your blog is as unique as you are, so don’t listen to those who try to tell you how you should write, or what about. This is your personal space, so let your heart decide what to do with! This is what I do, anyway…