It is no one’s secret that I receive a high volume of unsolicited messages – on all social media I am on (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; even the odd one on LinkedIn). So far, I was making a joke of that (see, for instance, my post “How Not To Chat Up a Tall Girl”).
Not anymore. This is why:
I can live with unsolicited messages, but not with this. This is no longer funny.
For once, I decided to respond to a message coming from a stranger – because he was being nice by wishing me a Happy New Year. I was not prepared for what came next.
This taught me a lesson: not to respond to strangers. For this reason, if you are one of the genuinely nice guys out there who has messaged me recently, do not expect a reply from me.
This is the man this message came from:
I am sharing this for a number of reasons, and here are a few:
- To shout out that joking about rape is not OK!
- To show this sex god that his offer is not of any interest to me.
- To prevent others from making similar suggestions to me. I am not interested, OK!
- To apologise to others I may have considered responding to that I will not – for obvious reasons.
- To warn other women of the risks they may possibly take when responding to random guys.
If you read this, please, please, share it.
Share the hell out of this, to help stop invincible men like this one!