I have recently been nominated for another blog award by the Send Sunshine blog. Thanks very much for this! It is always good to feel appreciated by other bloggers.
Here are the five rules to follow:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
Here are my answers to Send Sunshine’s questions
1. What has been your greatest source of inspiration?
Funny enough, I have no source of inspiration. What makes me blog is just the urge to write, with no particular muse. Is that a bad sign??
2. Where do you see your blog in the new year?
I hope I will still be here – at least this is my intention. I’d say, with God’s will, but I am not religious… I hope to gain more followers, but what I secretly hope for is start attracting brands to work with me. The tall fashion topic does draw a lot of interest (and traffic!). According to my stats, this seems to be my top category. I do hope that one day a tall fashion brand will contact me and will want to, maybe, advertise on my blog… Dream on, Angie!
3. Does your community outside writer’s world tend to support you?
Yes and no… In my real life, I have a full-time job and a family, so all this comes with lots of responsibilities – which doesn’t necessarily help my writing aspirations. This is why keeping the blog up is a very challenging task for me. I don’t really drum up the fact I have a blog, but my closest friends know about it and do support me. There is also an increasing number of people following my blog through its Facebook and Twitter pages. This is very encouraging, as it shows that I must be doing something right.
4. Where do you get your biggest following?
At the moment, most of my followers are WordPress bloggers, but I get most traffic from Facebook. I do put a lot of faith in that social network and this certainly pays off.
5. What are you most passionate about, not a person, but thing?
Anyone who follows my blog will know the answer to this question! It is, undoubtedly, rock music. This is what made me start the blog in the first place, and this is what I feel most excited about. My interviews are projects that do keep me busy, as they tend to take longer to accomplish from start to finish, but I really enjoy doing them. I do realise that they may be a bit boring to other bloggers, but, after all, we all do our own thing, and this is part of who I am.
6. How do you feel about blogging awards?
I am totally in favour of any blogging awards. Being a (relatively) new blogger, I gladly accept any tokens of appreciation. My blog is definitely NOT an award-free zone!
7. Do you follow a sisterhood code in life through actions?
I don’t follow a sisterhood code in a systematic way, but this is something that comes to us, women, naturally, or so I hope! We should all be nice to each other and support each other. There is no point in bitching or competing. There is space for all of us under the sun, so we may as well make it nicer!
8. How much time a week do you spend on your blog?
This varies a lot. It also depends on whether I have any undergoing projects or not. My followers will have noticed that I have no blogging pattern, so it can be very random. I can sometimes post two or three posts a week, and then will go silent for a fortnight. To me, it is not about quantity, although I do realise that this is what could help me get more following. I write when I have something to write about: as simple as this! If this means that I stay silent for a month, so be it.
I try to spend a couple of hours per week on my Reader, as interacting with other bloggers is so important. I wish I had more time to follow your blogs more thoroughly, but at the moment this is the best I can do.
9. Why did you start to blog?
Because I need to write. And because I believe I do it well. This picture sums it all up – as blatant as it is, this is what I think!
10. Will you tell me if you choose to not accept this nomination?
I wholeheartedly accept, so this question is not really applicable to me.
My Questions for the Nominated Seven Bloggers:
1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. As trivial as this may sound, why do you blog?
3. Is there anything in particular that you would like to achieve with your blog?
4. Do you “do” blogger awards? If yes, what do they mean to you? If not, why not?
5. Is there anything that your followers don’t know about you, which you would really like them to know?
6. What does the “sisterhood” cause mean to you?
7. Can you share with other bloggers a good practice that works well for you (e.g., a “tip”)?
8. Is there anything that you are particularly proud of as a blogger?
9. Do you tend to read other blogs, or do you prefer to concentrate just on maintaining yours?
10. Does blogging require any sacrifices from you?