To my precious collection of blog awards has been added another one: the Premio Dardos Award! To me, it is a bit more unusual, and I did take it seriously. It recognises cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values in the form of creative and original writing.
The blog I was nominated by is Before Sundown blog. Thanks very much to Christine, and do check her blog out!
Here is more about the award:
- Journey to a Healthy Me – a mum of four who is working on getting out of her comfort zone. Through her journey into health and entrepreneurship, she affirms family values. Her passion to help others improve their lives is contagious and inspiring!
- seeking the S’sense of things – a graphic designer who writes about a variety of topics. She is “striving to create as consciously as possible a world of peace, harmony and kindness”. Her hope is that she is of assistance to others always whether she knows it or not.
- A Holistic Journey – a mum who is more than a mother: “the woman God had created to reflect Him in her way before she birthed her child had gone missing. I remembered that writing is how I really breathe.” And she does this very well, seeing God’s handprints everywhere!
- Mindful Digressions – “simply a blog about things that occur to me, that happen to and around me, and that I find interesting, fascinating, provocative, or just plain crazy, and that I wish to share with family and friends.” He blogs about politics, society, sport, religion, and so much more – simply a pleasure to read!
- maddchic – a blogger aiming to have a positive affect on at least one person that suffers from addiction or that loves someone with this disease. She lost her sister to this disease and is trying to make a difference to others, while figuring out how to live without her. Hugs!
- London Geek – a blog I keep meaning to nominate for an award, but had not found a suitable one for. I think that this Romanian expat in London is a perfect nominee for this award. She likes books, cheesecake and wrapping presents, and what she writes about is reading, writing and growing up among red double decker buses.
- Living The Seasons – a blogger who finds beauty and laughter everywhere. When she sets her goals, she works at them and enjoys what she has accomplished. Every year, she shares her accomplishments with her readers – very honest and brave!
- Rachel Tries Life – a young London professional who blogs about healthy living, travel, food, music, and generally girly things. She has been through some massive milestones over the past twelve months, and I am sure there are many more to come.
- Invisible Pain Warriors – a couple battling for many years with a variety of medical conditions, and still remaining strong. Their blog is a “short summary of a very long story, with no end in sight”. They are “warriors, fighting an invisible battle against a monster that no one can see”, and hope that sharing their story, struggles, and triumphs along the way can help others who are fighting similar battles to know that they are not alone.
- 2 Helpful Guys – an inspiring blog, title says it all! Their goal is “to impact the world in whatever small way possible through our blogs and YouTube videos. If we can impact one person’s life positively, we would consider ourselves incredibly successful.” They reply to every comment and try to offer as much help as possible.
- Philosopher Mouse of the Hedge – a blogger “known for astute observations, insightful analysis, and common sense comments of city, field, and that odd species: humans.” I have been following this blog for a while and can recommend it to all.
- Slim, Trim and Lusty – this is what she aims to be, but not all that this strong girl writes about. Visit her blog for more.
- A Girl with a Lot of Gut – a blogger whose goal is “to form a community, a place where women can feel free to share their feelings and their thoughts about their weight and their struggles with dieting. My sincerest hope is that as a community we can support each other and be there for each other when times are rough and during times of happiness.”
- Vintage 1956 – a mature student whose blog is full of passion for life.
- Thoughts by Mello-Elo – an interesting author who also reviews books, writes poetry, and gives advice over a cup of coffee.
I will shortly be contacting all my nominees to let them know about this award… Fingers crossed, some of them may actually accept it!