It looks like men’s feet are growing – according to market intelligence recently released by Walktall, a leading UK supplier of large men’s shoes. Over the past ten years, the company has been monitoring sales of large size footwear. Here is what they have observed.
- 2006: most popular shoe size for Walktall customers was 14.
- Recent years: sales of size 15 shoes have caught up. For a first time, sales of size 15 shoes have taken the lead.
Whether this trend will continue or not, remains to be established, but Walktall predicts that it will – at least for the foreseeable future.
A quick Google search reveals that this could well be true: there seems to be a great variety of websites dedicated to large men’s shoes. Here are some of them:
- Magnus Shoes – one of the market leaders with stores in London and Northampton; large selection up to size UK 19.
- Walktall – UK size 12-19. They claim to have the UK’s biggest range of shoes and socks for men in large sizes. Their shop is located at Walktall’s Somerset headquarters and customers are warmly welcome.
- Big Foot Shoes – selection of branded shoes up to impressive size UK 19.5
- 2tall.com – a large collection up to size UK 18
- High and Mighty – extensive collection up to UK 17
- Wide Fit Shoes – up to UK 17
- Georges Big Men – up to UK 17
- Jacamo – wide fitting shoes up to UK 16
- Wynsor Shoes – a small selection of shoes up to UK 15
- ASOS – up to UK 13
- Eastbay – US based website, up to size EU 47
- Large Shoes Big Shoes – a large shoes directory, up to UK 17
- Big Clothing 4U – small selection up to UK 16
- Big Tall Order – up to UK 15
- Sole Trader – up to UK 14
I am sure that this list is not exhaustive, but could be a good start for someone looking to buy large footwear. Good luck! And do feel free to add your discoveries in the comments box below – to help your tall brothers make a better choice!
This post has been endorsed by GearWeAre.com.