My blog is one year old today! Time to look back and assess what I did well – and what didn’t work so well.
The connections I made with other bloggers (WordPress and external) are what I consider my biggest assets.
Thanks so much to:
- Ellen Hawley – for her friendship and continuing partnership
- The Opininated Man – for his support with re-blogs and guest post
- My most active followers/readers/supporters: Sheldon Kleeman, Christianliving2014, Before Sundown Blog, High Latitude Style, Pit’s Fritztown News
- All those talented people who agreed to be interviewed and featured on the blog: Domby of Pojar, Stefan Geraksiev of Denvar, Vinnie Salvatore of American Dog, Pavel Badzhakov, Graig Lingdren of Devilstrip, Andalusia Rose, James Scott of the Domestics, DC Cooper, Ellen Hawley, Andre Andersen of Royal Hunt
- The tall bloggers who engaged through guest and joint posts: Long.Leggy.Lovin’ It!, the Junoesque, My Tall Wardrobe.
- All those who find and read my blog, either through Facebook or Twitter links, or somehow miracously find me
And here is when it gets exciting – the geographical map of my readers. My readers come from pretty much all over the world: how inspiring!
The top countries where my blog is being read:
And, not so much for my readers but for my own records, here is
What I achieved during the first year on my blog:
- Just over 22,000 hits
- 628 followers (606 through WordPress and 22 by e-mail)
- 600 followers on Twitter
- 303 followers on Facebook
My most popular posts
Surprisingly or not, those are the most commercial ones (rolling my eyes!):
- Top 5 Tallest Actors in Hollywood (staggering 1,983 hits!)
- Top 10 Tall Rock and Heavy Metal Singers (746 hits)
- Tall UK Fashion: How I Refreshed My Winter Wardrobe Without the Price Tag (728 hits)
- Shopping for Tall Clothes Online: Can You Find Your Fit? (439 hits)
- Tall Fashion Review – Comparing Jeans and Trousers From Three Big Brands (417 hits)
So, as much as I think of my blog as not only a tall blog, this is what makes it popular – as proven by my stats: recently analysed here.
So, what did I do well?
Reach out to tall people and make them interested in my blog.
What I need to do better?
Engage with more people who are not that tall, as this is not just another tall blog!
So, here is to a happy first birthday!